Kapowza is an award-winning creative agency in Baltimore, MD. We specialize in brand development, interactive & print design, and video while playing a pivotal role in providing multi-disciplinary solutions to a diverse client pool. We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build better brands, products, and experiences.
We’ve been a little too busy lately, and need some help. We’re looking for a designer that’s ready to jump in. Someone hungry to make a difference, learn the tricks of the trade. The Junior Designer role is a paid full-time position.
As a Junior Designer, you will be responsible for delivering and assisting the development of design assets for use across a wide range of marketing channels, including social media.
You’ll want to come with an open mind. We’ll want to hear what you think about almost everything. So come with an opinion and don’t be afraid to be honest. We try to have an idea, a story, an angle, a perspective behind everything we do. We are looking for someone with a solid knowledge of design fundamentals who also has a passion for process, efficiency, and productivity.
You’ll work in a wide variety of tools depending on the project needs. Be eager to learn and grow your design skills while working between multiple clients. We don’t expect you to know everything but we do expect you to want to learn. The ideal candidate possesses strong graphic design and technical skills and is great at self-managing.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and maintain existing visual design implementations, collaborating with our Art Director and other teams
- Support other designers to ensure the visual design aligns to the brand strategy
- Communicate design ideas both verbally and visually
- Help create efficient design workflows and delivery
- Listen to constructive criticism and apply it effectively
- Whatever it takes to make the work great
What You’ll Need:
- 1 – 2 years of either work experience or professional design instruction preferred
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite - Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, and InDesign. After Effects is a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Libraries
- Mastery of composition, typography, color, and imagery
- Knowledge of Word Processing tools (Microsoft Office & Google Suites)
- Knowledge of print production process (layout, setting up files, and examining proofs)
- An understanding of HTML/CSS best practices
- Basic project management skills
- Knowledge of Wordpress & Content Management System tools
- An understanding of UI/UX Design
- Knowledge of illustration, creating illustration systems
How to Apply:
Submit your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.